Coach Development Programme
The Bowls NZ Coach Development Framework programme is in four stages aligned to the stages of player development.
In addition to completing the course requirements, coaches must attend updating courses/events at least once every 2 years to maintain accreditation.
To register for the next course in your region contact your nearest Coach Traineror Centre Coaching Coordinator.
Explore/Learn Target Player Community
This course is for coaches who wish to introduce the game to new players and is based on the activities and resources in the IntroductoryKit.
- Attend 6 hour course
- Complete post course practical with guidance from mentor: 8 hours
- Satisfactory practical and theoreticalassessment by Coach Trainer
Bowls NZ Coach
Target Player Community Participate
This course is for coaches who wish to assistclub players to develop their skills.The focus is on coaching principles and sport specific knowledge to equip coaches to offer challenging and enjoyable training opportunities for developing players.
- Attend 12 hour course- usually 2 days although canbe offered in shorter evening sessions
- Complete post course practical with guidance from mentor: 20 hours
- Satisfactorypractical and theoretical assessment by Coach Trainer.
Participate/Perform Target Player Community
Prerequisite: Bowls NZ Coach
Advanced modules are offered at Coach Development weekends facilitated by the Bowls NZ Coaching staff. In 2010 the modules offered will be:
- Basic Video Analysis (1/2 day)
- Basic Performance Analysis (1/2 day)
- Coach Mentoring (6 hour)
- Coaching Sides (6 hour)
Individual Professional Development
Target Player Community Perform/Excel
Coaches involved in the National High Performance Programme are able to access individual professional development opportunities through Sport NZ's Performance Coach and PM Coach Scholarship schemes.